Ask a doctor free online questions Contact Us

Hypertension or High Blood Pressure

Hypertension is a disorder which is as a result of pressure of the blood being greater than 140 over 90(systolic pressure more than 140 and diastolic pressure more than 90). Hypertension is the very opposite of hypotension, classified into 2;

  • Primary (essential) hypertension
  • Secondary hypertension

EPIDEMIOLOGY AND RISK FACTORS of Hypertension or High Blood Pressure

The primary holds a 90 to 95% of the hypertension cases. In this condition, little can be done using medical means to solve the condition. The secondary hypertension holds the rest 5% the hypertension patients and is mostly affecting arteries, kidneys, endocrine system and the heart.

ETIOLOGY Causes AND PATHOPHYSIOLOGY of Hypertension

If one is subjected to persistent hypertension, chances of stroke, heart failure, myocardial infarction and kidney failure are high. This means that the patient is subjected to short life expectancy. This can however be solved using proper dietary measures and lifestyle of the stated individuals. Drug treatments are there for those who may find the dieting insufficient.
What is the hypertension diet?

CLINICAL MANIFESTATIONS of Hypertension

Subjecting oneself to certain kind of diet helps a long way in minimizing hypertension. Hypertension diet will involve using certain kind of foods while avoiding others. For example;

  • Vegetarian diet: vegetables in general usually have lower level of pressures and have been noted to have very minimal if there is incidences of hypertension and other diseases which are cardiovascular. The vegetables are known to only contain fiber, complex carbohydrates, magnesium, calcium, vitamin A and vitamin C all which favors the minimal chances of blood pressure influence.
  • Sugar: anything that is associated with sucrose or table sugar will increase the blood pressure causing hypertension. Sugar adds the production of adrenalin which is known to increase the level of blood pressure. Taking a fruity and vegetarian diet is more preferable to avoid consumption of sugary substances. However, that doesn't mean that you should strictly avoid anything concerned with sugar, but only ensure that you have on small portion (if not very small).

Causes of hypertension

We have stated that hypertension is in two classes; essential and secondary. The primary (essential) is multi-factorial i.e. there are many factors which causes it. The secondary hypertension is as a result of specific factors.
Primary hypertension is usually caused by mostly excess consumption of salt (more than 5.8 grams daily). Other causes include obesity, generic and kidney failure.

Symptoms of hypertension

  • Vertigo/ dizziness
  • Nausea
  • Shortness of breath
  • Chronic headaches
  • Drowsiness
  • Fatigue
  • Heart palpitations
  • Tinnitus
  • Nosebleeds
  • A strong need to urinate often-in most cases at night

Treatment for hypertension

This can only be done using an approach of multifaceted. There has to first be established of the cause of the hypertension. Treatment will start with prevention, including not drinking alcohol, avoiding salty foods, and maintaining healthy weight. If the condition then becomes more severe, the doctor may prescribe the patient to operate under water pills, which are known to reduce the blood pressure.
Another common way to treat the hypertension is by regular practice. It will help increase the metabolic reactions, as well As increasing flow of materials through the body. Beta blockers are other considerations of hypertension reduction blocking calcium from entering into the cells of blood vessels and the heart.

Learn more on www.AskaDoctorFreeOnline.com about high blood pressure or hypertention

Copyright © 2018 by AskADoctorFreeOnline.com. All Rights Reserved.